Friday, January 31, 2014

BBQ Addiction: Maru


Okay okay, first of all, this a completely different barbecue. It's one of the now slowly being popular bbqs amongst Filipinos.
Yes, it's the Korean Grill!

For my first Korean grill adventure, my friends suggested I try Maru in Macapagal Ave. And so I did.


(Sorry in advance for the shitty phone cam photos hihi)


We decided to sit on the side where we had to remove our shoes and sit while crossing our legs. I thought: "If we're gonna eat Korean food, might as well eat like them!"




On to the menu!


I'll give you a free view of some of the items on their menu (don't worry. I asked permission)




We then proceeded with our order.

I know most people really prefer Samgyupsal (Pork belly, think of bacon) I really like beef over pork so I ordered Galbisal (boneless beef ribs) and just to satisfy my curiosity, I ordered Samgyupsal too.

Left: Galbisal (P350)
Right: Samgyupsal (P280)

Oh, and each order comes with free UNLIMITED refills of side dishes! My favorite part of Maru!



Side dishes ( I know, plenty huh?)




I love the kind of lettuce they use! Crunchy and sweet. Unlimited too!


Dips: Sesame Oil with salt & Pepper, Ssamjang

Oh! And before you wrap those delicious meat in some lettuce, you dip it into these awesome paste and oil! They really enhance the natural flavor of the meat and gives it the addictive Korean taste!


Grilling time!



Tip: don't play with your meat! Let them cook before turning them. Turning them over and over causes the meat to lose it's flavor. So be patient :)

And since we want to get the whole Korean experience, we ordered some extra dishes.


Dolsot Bibimbap (P350)

It's like a Korean rice topping dish served in a hot clay pot. You get to mix all the ingredients into the rice! It wont be pretty but it's definitely super good!

Bulgogi (P300)

I'd love to marry the marinade! Awesome flavor, but really small serving :(

Sundubu Jjige (P350)

Hot tofu soup with some meat and seafoods. A must try for me! I love that it's spicy and the tofu is really silky and soft! 



Overall, Maru gave me the Korean Experience I was looking for!
I have no other experience so I really can't compare it yet, but as long as my tummy is satisfied, I think I could recommend this to Korean food virgins out there! 

I have always loved Japanese food & I never thought I would be craving for Korean as well!

We all really have to get out and try new things once in a while. :)

Check out Maru Korean Grill soon and tell us your experience! 


Food Junkie,
Marnelli Gaerlan

No comments:

Post a Comment