Sunday, November 10, 2013

Foodtruck Escapade 3: Jasper's House of Chicken

Last week, we went to Capitol Commons to try and see what's so special about these food trucks. Well, now I know why. Not only do they offer food that you don't normally see in restaurants, but also the idea of a literal picnic party makes it a whole lot cooler. 

Who doesn't love chicken, right? It's like one of the most wanted food in the universe. No matter how old you become you will always love chicken. So, when we were deciding where to eat, I quickly called dibs for Jasper's House of Chicken. 



I did my little research about Jasper's House of Chicken, because you will come to think, who is Jasper anyway? Well, Jasper is the son of the owner and the head chef Joseph Pe. When I fell in line to order, I saw how hands-on Chef Joseph is in their family business. 

Jasper's House of Chicken Menu
photo from JaspersHOC

I was gonna order Bacon, Mac and Cheese but I decided to order Jasper's Chicken instead, a must try signature dish. A juicy and crispy combination of  fried chicken fillet pieces. I am not a fan of barbecue sauce, but it blended so well with the slight salty taste of the chicken breading. I guess I am loving barbecue sauce now. It had sesame seeds on top to add a distinct aura and taste of THE Jasper's Chicken. (yes, capitalization is needed)

Jasper's Chicken (P120)


Chicken Karaage (P95)

I also ordered Chicken Karaage. It caught my attention because almost every customer ahead of me ordered this as well. So I followed my heart and ordered that too - a tub of bite sized chicken meat and chicken skin seasoned with barbeque powder (well, I am not a fan of barbecue sauce but I love barbecue powder, what weird taste buds I own). In every bite, there's a fight between chicken meat and skin. It comes with other flavors as well: Cayenne Hot Chili, Sour Cream and Wasabi. 

If you've always loved chicken, then you will love it even more. Everything is well blended, how juicy and tender every chicken slices are!



 I hope you go out and try it yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Also, you can close your mouth now, you're starting to drool.

Food Junky,
Agel Sy

For more details about the schedule of food truck park ph, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment